Mabel

Mabel
Sweet Mabel

Friday 20 September 2013

Made my own homemade parrot toys!

A few days ago I posted a poll on one of the parrot forums asking parrot owners whether they'd rather buy their own toys or make their own toys? The results seemed to show that most folks like to do a little bit of both, buy and make. I generally prefer to purchase already-made toys from online toy makers. These crafts people do a better job at it and make beautiful fun toys in MUCH less time than I do. Most of all, the folks that I purchase from, also seem to feel so passionate about the whole toy making process. Me? Probably, not so much. I also usually don't enjoy how sensitive my skin feels after tying and undoing toy making knots, and of course the end product hardly ever looks as lovely and well done like the ones that are sold by the experts. Well, guess what? Today I actually felt motivated enough to see whether I could put together a half decent toy. I even went so far as to make 3 toys!? In total, the entire labour took about 2 hours of my time. I feel reasonably satisfied with the results and my parrots seemed quite appreciative too. Not sure when's the next time I'll feel like doing it again, however I like knowing that I CAN, if I want to. :) On a closing note, I'm very appreciative that there are folks out there who care about providing a service that makes my parrots happy. Gone, are the days when I used to think that the only place I could purchase fantastic parrot toys were from big box pet stores. :) Don't forget to support your online and local small business parrot toy maker!


















1 comment:

  1. Great looking toys, lucky birds! I especially love the orb perch your grey is on.

    ReplyDelete